vaulting adj : revealing excessive self-confidence; reaching for the heights; "vaulting ambition" [syn: overreaching]
1 (architecture) a vaulted structure; "arches and vaulting"
2 a light leap by a horse in which both hind legs leave the ground before the forelegs come down [syn: curvet]
- present participle of vault
To vault means to jump over something.
Vault may also refer to:
- Vault (architecture), any architecture arched structure forming a ceiling or roof over the casemates, galleries or other spaces
- Vault (comics), a great comic that has a setting in a underground facility. Marvel comics!!
- Vault (Fallout), underground nuclear blast shelters in the Fallout computer game series
- Vault (gymnastics), an artistic gymnastics apparatus, the standard of which changed from a vaulting horse to a vaulting table
- Vault (parkour), helps one clear an obstacle as efficient and as quickly as possible
- Vault (mathematics), a mathematical construct
- Vault (revision control system), a revision control system made by SourceGear
- Vault (sculpture), a sculpture by Ron Robertson-Swann. this poster contains such masterpeace work.
- Vault (soft drink), a soft drink
- Vault: Def Leppard's Greatest Hits (1980-1995), a Def Leppard compilation album. a great album containing much of his greatest hits.
- The Vault, a nickname of Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, on the campus of the University of Mississippi
- Vault, ex-drummer of the band Dark Lunacy
- Vault (organelle), a cellular cytoplasmic organelle
Vault or vaulting may also refer to:
- Bank vault, a reinforced room or compartment in a bank building where valuables are stored
- Burial vault, a protective coffin enclosure or an underground tomb
- Cranial vault, the space in the skull within the neurocranium
- Document vault, a storage vault to archive office documents in a temperature and humidity-controlled environment with fire suppression that will protect the media stored within
- Pole vault, an athletics event where competitors use a long, flexible pole as an aid to leap over a bar
- Utility vault, an underground storage area accessed by a maintenance hole
- Equestrian vaulting, a sport that combines gymnastics and dance on a moving horse
- Backup Vault, a safe data store where backup data preserved
vaulting in Norwegian: Hvelv
aduncity, apse, aquilinity, arcade, arcature, arch, arched roof, arching, archway, arcuation, aspiring, bouncing, bounding, camber, capering, ceilinged roof, circularity, concameration, concavity, concha, convexity, convolution, cove, crookedness, cupola, curvation, curvature, curving, curvity, decurvation, decurvature, dome, emulous, enthusiastic, excurvation, excurvature, geodesic dome, hookedness, hopping, hurdle race, hurdling, igloo, incurvation, incurvature, incurvity, jumping, keystone, leaping, ogive, pole vaulting, prancing, recurvation, recurvature, recurvity, rondure, rotundity, saltation, sinuosity, sinuousness, skewback, skipping, span, springing, steeplechase, the hurdles, timber topping, tortuosity, tortuousness, vault, voussoir